Sunday, January 29

OOTD: Under dressed. (plus so many other stuff)

Answer Questions
Hi guys! So this one's an OOTD from me, but it needs a few explanations on what happened. So here it goes:


This post is heavy on photos, for an OOTD. You have been warned.

So last Saturday (January 28 2012) my cousin Angel celebrated her 18th birthday party at the Manila Peninsula Hotel in Makati.


Being older than her, I had more experience in attending this type of party. So I went somewhat semi-casual. And whattya know, when I went in, I felt super under dressed. Her friends were wearing the type of dress you'd wear to your prom or graduation ball - satin, tulle and sequins were flying.


Unfortunately, my super "handy" camera ran out of battery when I asked my mom to take an outfit picture of me. Yes, most - if not all - the pics I have of me are with my family. You'll see.




Days before her party, I kept telling her "Peg ko si Liz Uy ha?" which was my way of saying I refuse to wear my cocktail dress. Did I pull off the quintessential Liz Uy look?


So I'll show you what I wore in separate pictures:

*Me, Ate Ana, Mom, Kuya Louie

I wore a lace blazer. We weren't supposed to wear white and yeah, my dress was dominantly white. Luckily I found that the day before! Of course, it's thrifted. ;)


my bangles were ALL gifts! All separately given to me, too.


Yes this one's a recycled picture but I wore the exact same rings!


*Ate AJ, me, Ate Lalayne, Mom, Ate Ana

Used my tassel necklace! Did nothing super fancy with my hair since it's naturally wavy.
As for my make up I used:
  • MaxFactor Second Skin Foundation in Creamy Ivory (040)
  • Revlon New Complexion 2-Way Foundation in Sand Beige (05)
  • Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow collection (wild look. go for #4!)
  • Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultra-Precision Liquid Eyeliner
  • Maybelline "the Falsies" volum' Express in brownish black
  • Wet n' Wild Mega Last® Lip Color in Just Peachy(903C) [as my base]
  • Wet n' Wild Mega Last® Lip Color in Wine Room (906D)



Wore my white platform pumps (above). In this picture also is my cousin's super fierce glittered pumps.




*Me giving my obviously funny message to the debutante, Angel. Pardon the condescending face I made here.

That's the whole ensemble. My dress was a white chiffon top with a mustard lycra (that's what I thought it felt like) bottom. I'm sorry I didn't have a decent picture because I was caught up with the whole thing - food, program and mostly the food. Hehe



*to my forever little cousin Angel, like I said that night, I'm super stoked that lately we've been talking and I'm super happy you've asked me to help you in terms of planning your party. But beyond that I'm also thankful that we have had this small bonding experience before you leave. As I said, my dad would've been super happy and proud seeing you blossom into a young lady if he was here, and so am I. I love you my dearest cousin! Happy birthday :)



Well this was a very long and personal post. I apologize hahaha. Well thanks again!




                                                     

0 comments:

Post a Comment